On 16 September 2012 11:44, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I don't hang out in the automotive forums, and maybe there were
> some people who (before Honda introduced their Ridgeline pickup) got
> totally ticked off at Honda for not bringing out a pickup when they
> wanted to buy one. And they whined and complained and stamped their
> feet about how they were gonna buy Toyota or Ford from now on and how
> Honda, as a company, really sucked for not bringing out a pickup.\

This is precisely where the analogy falls dead flat in my opinion,
removable lens cameras are a system built around compatible cameras
and bodies, I think brand is moot but for a few loyalists.

I personally couldn't give a hoot who makes the body that's compatible
with my lenses, I lost my loyalty to Pentax some time ago. If the
D800E was Pentax mount compatible I would have one now. I have a big
kit of old and new lenses (mainly 3rd party now) of which many are
24x36mm frame capable and I would like a body to suit.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours