In NYC our zero hours is 8:15 pm according to the mayor

There is already a lot of flooding in Queens

A couple of tree branches down on my street

ann

On 10/29/2012 12:38, Darren Addy wrote:
I'm not watching the Weather Channel, so maybe they are already
broadcasting this but it is looking like the remains of Sandy are
going to come ashore a bit farther north than previously thought.

1 PM today: http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/93fwbgus.jpg
7 PM tonight: http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/94fwbgus.jpg
1 AM tonight: http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/95fwbgus.jpg

Interesting to see the note in the lower right of each of those
graphics about not giving them public dissemination.

Extrapolating... it looks like the biggest sea surge would be
happening for northern NJ and NYC/Long Island areas (high population
affected). The high tide time of approx. 9 PM would probably be the
worst time for any sea surge to occur.