From: Matthew Hunt
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

The incremental increase in pixel count & the better auto-focus with
lenses I don't have and am not going to buy don't impress me. Nor the
other "improvements". The weather resistance would be nice to have but
by itself does not add enough value to make me want it.

As somebody who is still stuck with a K10D, what appeals to me most
about the K-5 is none of those things you list; it's the low noise,
high-ISO capability, and dynamic range (three sides of the same coin).
That's what drops my jaw when I see people's K-5 shots. I'm surprised
that you're not even impressed enough to make note of it.

I'm going to try to let this be my last response because it's gotten
really repetitious.

You make a valid point instead of just endlessly repeating that "it goes
to eleven". If I were "still stuck with a K10D", the K-5 might appeal to
me as an upgrade.

Although ...

I was out shooting with the K10D on Halloween, and it ain't that bad.