On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> The incremental increase in pixel count & the better auto-focus with
> lenses I don't have and am not going to buy don't impress me. Nor the
> other "improvements". The weather resistance would be nice to have but
> by itself does not add enough value to make me want it.

As somebody who is still stuck with a K10D, what appeals to me most
about the K-5 is none of those things you list; it's the low noise,
high-ISO capability, and dynamic range (three sides of the same coin).
That's what drops my jaw when I see people's K-5 shots. I'm surprised
that you're not even impressed enough to make note of it.