> From: John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
> I'm going to try to let this be my last response because it's gotten
> really repetitious.
>
> You make a valid point instead of just endlessly repeating that "it goes
> to eleven". If I were "still stuck with a K10D", the K-5 might appeal to
> me as an upgrade.
>
> Although ...
>
> I was out shooting with the K10D on Halloween, and it ain't that bad.

Practically any camera is capable of rendering a nice looking image.
It's all a matter of degrees of difference and shooting conditions. Of
course you realize that John, otherwise you wouldn't feel as you do.

I have an *ist D. I skipped the K10D and got the K20D instead, then
the K7. In retrospect, I wish I would have skipped the K7 and waited
for the K5. The K5 simply didn't excite me enough to upgrade from a
K7. IMO the K5 was what the K7 should have been and I didn't care to
pay Pentax twice.

That being said, I've switched to Nikon and Sony because I feel that
I'm actually getting significant improvements for the money spent.  I
see the K20D through the K5 models as only offering incremental
improvements. It becomes difficult to justify laying down $1200 -
$1300 for new models with only incremental changes. Trying to quantify
(impossible I know), if a camera provides a 10% increase in image
quality or handling in some aspect over a prior model, why would I
think it reasonable to pay 100% of the price time and again?

Tom C.