On 15/02/2013 8:52 AM, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013, Rob Studdert wrote:
On 15 February 2013 16:51, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:
When would those advantages be enough to not bother using the 60-250?
Putting it another way, when is it worth using a zoom with less than 3x
range?
When it's a 10-20mm zoom perhaps?
Again, when would you use that instead of e.g. a 14mm?  I'm looking for
specific use-cases, particularly from people who use both zooms and
primes.
10mm is A LOT wider than 14mm. I have the 10-17 (which sees very little use), the 12-24 and the 15/4. At 12mm is significantly wider (but also significantly larger) than the 15LTD. I sold the 14/2.8 in favour of the 15 because of the size and because the 12-24 didn't seem significantly larger than the 14. If I know I'll want the extra wide, I will take the 12-24, otherwise it tends to stay home in favor of the 15. If I need wider than that and don't have the 12-24 with me, I will use the 10-17 with the intention of defishing in post if I need to. The 10mm defished is about the same as the 12-24 at it's widest.
bill