On Sat, Apr 13, 2013, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:

> The touchy-feely part of a Pentax camera: where the buttons are, easy
> of manual use (finger placement and movement), green button -- that a
> lot have liked on this list, a lot of the reason for Pentax loyalty,
> was probably a lot more important in a film camera.
>
> Now there is a lot of digital feedback rather than just manual
> feedback, so the touchy-feely part may have become much less important
> for some. Hmmm, how to put this? Before, SLR camera use was more
> physical/viscerial, and now, with DSLRs, camera use is really more
> mental/cyber-spaced. AND DSLRs do very similar things and have very
> similar features now. SLRs differed more. For instance, all have menus
> on the LCD, etc., etc. etc.

My experience differs.  You probably missed my ranting about disliking
the feel of the K-30 (compared with K-x/K-5).  I got rid of a Panasonic
G-3 in large part because I disliked the feel.  I love my Nikon P7100
because of its feel.  In some ways, because of the plasticity of
software, I would argue that feel becomes even more important (my dislike
of the G-3 was based more on its UI than physical feel, in contrast with
K-30, where I hated the grip).
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/