On Thu, Aug 08, 2013, steve harley wrote:
> on 2013-08-08 9:33 Aahz Maruch wrote
>>
>>I did have the 16-50 in my case, but it was drizzling at the start, and
>>partway through the walk I decided to just make it a one-lens exercise.
>>(Sure was glad to have WR lens!)
>
> did you mean DA 16-45? DA* 16-50 is sealed, even though it doesn't
> have "WR" in the name

Absolutely!  I used it in a light rain a few days earlier.  But the
camera is *NOT* sealed while you're changing lenses...  (Perhaps I was
being a bit overcautious, but I'm not always sure-fingered and this was
a rental camera/lens.)

Side note: that light rain with the 16-50 taught me another reason why
really it's a Good Idea to use a lens hood.  Lens spots in those pics are
fortunately not toooo visible (and lend a bit of atmosphere to some).
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/