Thanks, George; you cleared my confusion up. To control two lights you
simply switched to Nikon. Neat. :-) Having read the Joe McNally books
I'm aware of just how sophisticated that lighting system is.

I'm happily remaining low-tech and individually metering manually
adjusted lights. Even just trying to use exposure comp with P-TTL
makes me a little crazy.

I sure hear you on travelling light. I discovered on my last location
shoot that no stands at all and one umbrella softbox was all I needed.
Instead of stands I brought two assistants (cost: one Tim Hortons tea
and a hot chocolate), one held the softbox key and one a bare flash
for a kicker/hair light.

--
-bmw