On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, George; you cleared my confusion up. To control two lights you
> simply switched to Nikon. Neat. :-)

Ha!  That wasn't exactly what happened but that was the outcome.  I
had been happily using all of my Pentax gear for years, decades in
fact.  After years of teaching and seeing a lot of other
manufacturer's gear I considered using Nikon.  For one reason or
another, mainly inertia, I never actually found a good reason to buy a
different brand of camera body.

Then, a few years ago, some of my Pentax gear got wrecked in an
accident and replacing it in kind would have been a considerable cash
outlay.  Should I spend a bunch of money to get exactly the same thing
or should I look at this as an opportunity to try something different?
That was the motivator.  If I were to make a change in my equipment
strategy, that was going to be the time to do it.

I liked Nikon because it actually works very similar to Pentax, and at
the time, Nikon's flash system was much more advanced than Canon.  So
now, depending on what I'm doing, I either use Nikon or Pentax.  I
still use Pentax anytime I shoot Macro or when I want a small kit made
up of the small primes and the 10-17 zoom.  Because I find them so
similar in design, and use them for different things, it isn't
difficult to switch back and forth.

I'm not really all that loyal to any of the brands.  They are all just
tools and I tend to use the one that best fits the job.

George Sinos