Quoting Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com>:

I agree entirely Bipin. I don't think there is a single thing that is
different from the K-30 to the K-50 outside of the change in body
shape. That the buttons on the back are all in the same exact place
tells me that the K-50 is just a K-30 in sheep's clothing. I think its
great that Pentax at least decided to offer some enticing features on
their entry level models, but you know, even something as simple as a
tilting LCD would have made a new camera at least *seem* worthwhile.
Honestly I don't know what's going on with Pentax/Ricoh currently. I
see a lot of wheel spinning but no real progress.

Well, it's not really anything new. Pentax have been producing these modest upgrades for ages.

The *istDS/DS2 were pretty much the same camera as were the *istDL/DL2. In fact the DS and DL really only differed in the replacement of the pentaprism in the DS with a penta mirror in the DL. You could even argue that the K100D/110D weren't a significant upgrade on the DS/DL. They all used the same (I think) 6MP sensor.

Even back in the film days Pentax did similar things - eg, the SE versions of the ME, ME Super and K1000, which were *very* modest upgrades.

The K30 has a love it or hate it design, so replacing it with the more traditional look of the K50 might make economic sense even if it adds nothing new in technical terms.

I agree, though, that a tilting LCD would be useful.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia