What about your leather shoes? And what is a native?

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: knarf
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:49 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - The Protestor

You said "no store sells fur". I found one that does. I didn't say Holt Renfrew in Toronto sells wolf coats. I was making answer to a very specific statement you made.

That being said, most wolf fur sold is ~not~ for coats, it's trim. There's every possibility that there are coats in Holt's with wolf trim. And even if there isn't, they do sell fur. That's what the protest was generally about, the sale of any fur. Their placards educated about the fur industry as a whole, including coyote fur, which is far more commonly sold.

Why are you getting so hung up on details? Does that diminish the protest for you in some way, if you feel can find a few inaccuracies or inconsistencies?

By the way, kudos on playing the "traditional Native lifestyle" card! Now if we really gave a crap about their lifestyle we'd enforce broken treaties and give back stolen lands.

BTW most fur isn't trapped by natives. Or from North America. Or even trapped. The vast majority of pelts sold are from European and Asian fur farms. Just so you know...

Cheers,

frank