I don't understand your question. We don't have any "living ancestors" in
evolutionary terms.

As I said earlier, we're great apes, so genetically we're close to chimps,
bonobos, gorillas and orangutans. But they aren't ancestors or somehow "below"
us. We share a common ancestor and each species has evolved differently to
where we are today.

I have to say, I rather feel as if I'm being cross-examined here, as if you're
moving toward a conclusion, or tying to trap me in some way.

Could we get to the point please?

Thanks,

frank

--

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -- Henri Cartier-Bresson