On 8/18/2016 1:02 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

Larry Colen wrote:

And for the record, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, I will voluntarily use a
mac. I've bought one computer that came with Windows that I did not
convert to Linux. But, when I bought that laptop sometime around 1991, I
don't think that there was anyone using Linux that wasn't named Linus.
The best reasons to use Windows are about the same as to use a Canon,
they are like assholes, everybody seems to have one. Some might argue
that they share another trait with assholes, but I'll pretend that this
is a family friendly forum and leave that as an exercise for the student.

The only advantage of Windoze that I can see is it will install & run on
just about anything, which means you don't need a PHD in computer
science & 20 years programming experience to build a computer that you
can use to get things done.

That ease with which Windoze can be implemented on COTS hardware is why
I've been running Windoze all these years, instead of learning Linux.
And that's why I'm so pissed off at Micro$oft lately, because they broke
that with Windoze10 and they don't care.

I'm not anti-Mac either as such. But they cost more than building your
own.