Yes, it's 35mm equivalent. I have a Fuji X100, which was the first generation
of that series. It's a nice camera, but my X20 sees far more use, and I may
sell the X100 to fund my French bicycle habit.

These two Fujis are not, in my opinion, simple to use. The menus and user
interface are a mess. It's all to easy to change settings inadvertently,
without any warning, and I find it really confusing and difficult to restore
them to what I like. They are also not good for manual focusing because
although you can do it, there is no indication in the optical finder of what
you're focused on. On the X20 you can do focus peaking in the optical finder,
but to get it you have to do without other settings (or absence of) which I
find useful.

Overall it is compromised in my opinion by its excessive complexity and its
attempt to do everything. They need me to tell them what it should be like.

You can shoot some lovely black and white though, when you set it up right.

What Bruce really wants, deep in his heart of hearts, is a Leica M typ 262. He
should bite the bullet, and go out and buy one. And some lenses too.