----- Original Message -----
From: TM
Subject: RE: Do zooms teach visual discipline? Was: Advice
Needed For Student

> William-
> IMHO, we are all students of photography, regardless of our
skill level,
> as
> one can always learn something and no one is perfect. :-)

Brain surgery is the same way. At some point, we say they know
enough and release them into hospitals to ply their trade. By
this point, hopefully they are no longer using the NHL method.

> My counterpoint to your point is that someone who is starting
out in
> photography
> may not stick with it if it is too difficult to get the shots
that
> he/she desires.

Tough. If they stick it out they will be better photographers. A
lot of people drop out of med school because they find it too
difficult. Would you trust one of them in a surgical ward if
they were just handed a degree to keep their precious little
egos from being bruised by failure?
Boy, I am sure being puckish today aren't I?

William Robb