I don't think I've ever had that happen. The few times I have been approached by security or law enforcement I'd show them little TV on the back of the camera and start to explain about THE LIGHT ...

They get bored and leave.

I have been asked about *PHOTOGRAPHING CHILDREN!!!!*

There's a lake at a city park that frequently has Blue Herons & the greenway down to where I can see the birds goes past a playground that's screened off.

I always deliberately /misunderstand/ and hand them a business card ...

"I'm retired, but I'll do it for you. The session fee is $300 for one hour & minimum print order $1000 & you have to sign a contract before I start work ... here's my phone number, call me when you're ready to sign."

Effin Karens.

The thing about Daniel Freedman's photos I don't particularly like is the lack of captions. They should at least give a City & State.