On 3/31/2021 4:24 AM, ann sanfedele wrote:
I do too, Mike .spooky and ominous.. Also, I found several that looked overdone on the HDR side.  AND since he is photographing what I consider my my main territory, I feel he could have found more interesting facades in those same towns.. But what irks me most is that he is not --identifying the towns that he is showing here--. Now I thought perhaps that is the fault of the publisher of the article about him.. perhaps he has them captioned or indexed in his book .but  I looked at the collectionon his web site (and liked several of the photos there that were not in the article.).  but he didn't ID the locations.

He talks about the endless variety he sees crossing america but doesn't present it.  sigh.. but I will get some amusement out of them.. finding a few of the towns with googles  help using the signage on the buildings..

ann

Some people do this deliberately to try to keep copycats from over running the areas where they like to photograph.

I don't know if anyone here remembers the picture that I put into the PDML Chicago gallery show from a few years back, it was the one of the abandoned school shot through the old swing set.

Apparently a couple of years after I took that picture, some Model Mayhem photographer took a girl out there, did a photo session using the swing set as the major prop, and after he was done he took a chain saw to the structure to ensure no one would be able to copy his magnificent work.

I read a story out of Utah a few years ago where some numb nut got a nice image of something or other in one of the parks, IIRC, there was a fully in bloom cactus in the forground, and after he was done he kicked the plant to death, again to ensure none else would be able to get the same picture he got.

Obviously, or at least hopefully, no one is going to take a wrecking ball to an old building just to ensure none else gets to photograph it, but this is the mindset that many people have.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List