----- Original Message -----
From: £ukasz Kacperczyk
Subject: Super Program vibration

> How bad is the vibration caused by the mirror of that camera?
I unexpectedly
> got some extra money today that I'd like to use it to buy a
second body
> (I've got a MX now). Also, I'd like to know how significant
the difference
> between the viewfinders of these two cameras is (subjectively
speaking - I
> know Super Program is 0.88 or something, and MX is 0.95).
> Any things I should pay special attention to when buying a
Super Program?
> Any suggestions of an alternative for that camera are also
welcome (I'd go
> for a ME Super, but I'd like to have TTL flash).

It shakes pretty good. With a 400mm lens, the vibration caused
pictures in my tests to be unacceptably unsharp due to vibration
at speeds of 1/30 to 1/8 second with Manfrotto 055 and 028
tripods. A Zone VI wood tripod tamed it though.
The Super Progam has a nice viewfinder, though it is a bit dim.
The MX has a very nice finder.
The Super Program is a pretty tough little sucker. The frame
counter is prone to flaking out, other than that, I don't know
of any major issues.
It has the same problems with cold weather that any lcd has, in
that the response gets quite slow, and the film advance seems to
stiffen up a lot in the cold.
My idea of cold is below -30ºC. YMMV
William Robb