----- Original Message -----
From: Lukasz Kacperczyk
Subject: RE: Super Program vibration

> William,
> did it do the same with shorter lenses? I just happen to have
bought a 055
> PROB with a 141 head, but the longest lens I'm planning to use
is A 70-210
> or a VS 1 70-210. Should I expect any problems?

I did the test with the longest lens I owned at the time.
Vibration problems are quite dependant on focal length. Also,
the problem really only seems to show up at speeds from 1/60 to
about 1/4. Shorter than that seems OK, and slower than that also
seems OK.
The problem with the Manfrotto tripods is that the tubing
"rings". If you dampen the legs, the problem should be much less
apparent. Even a bungee cord wrapped around all three legs at
the top locks should fix most problems relating to
shutter/mirror vibration.

William Robb