----- Original Message -----
From: Ayash Kanto Mukherjee
Subject: Re: Super Program vibration

> Your test not only points out the extent of shutter/mirror
vibration of
> Super Program but also it gives serves as a test for the three
tripods
> that you used. Of course, an wooden tripod dampens the
vibration more than
> metal tripods but there are some points of disadvantage of
wooden tripod
> over a metal tripod. Can you please point those out?

Hi, I'm glad you found it useful. Funny thing, when I posted
that test originally, in Sepember 2000, I also ran the same test
on the LX. I recall that I took some flack because the LX was
just back from being serviced, and the Super Program was an
unserviced camera.
That would mean that whichever LX it was, it only lasted about a
year and a half until it required another CLA.
But I digress......

About the only disadvantages to wood are the weight (the Zone VI
is HEAVY!!!), and the legs can bind if the humidity changes
greatly, rapidly.

The advantages are that they are very tough, and easy to repair
if something does break.
Oh yes, they don't transmit vibration, either.

Does anyone use a Berlebach?
How heavy are they, and how tall do they go?
The Zone VI has no centre column, but will still put a camera
almost 2 meters in the air. Unfortunately, it weighs almost 8
kilos.
William Robb