Jeff, Vinicius, list,

It would be difficult for me at the present time to gather up the evidence, but, based on long experience at peirce-l, I am fairly certain that Joe Ransdell regarded the semiotic object, in particular the dynamical object, as having the efficient-causal role in semiosis, not a final-causal role.

Best, Ben