Stan, lists,

You prefer to use 'truth' in quotes and to call 'truth' any opinion that anybody calls a truth. You're saying that, as far as I can tell, that truth is culturally relative, period, end of story. That would imply that your cultural relativism is itself culturally relative and isn't finally true in any normal sense of the word. So why do you bother to make that or any assertion? Or, what looks like an assertion of truth from you is actually something else, like making a political move, or adjusting a windshield wiper, or scat singing. Yet camouflaged as discussion. For some reason you want both to throw a wrench into the language and to keep using the language, and the result is a surrealism of the text, though not a surrealism of its writer. As the sometimes surrealistically writing poet Jack Spicer said, "the surrealism of the poet could not write words."

Best, Ben