Jeff,

The earliest such discussions go back to the turn of the millennium and the Texas Tech server and might not be possible to find anymore, but I probably posted various renditions to other lists and archives that are still around. Given time and a little thought I could probably reconstruct their substance.

Will get on that in a day or two ...

Jon

Jeffrey Brian Downard wrote:
Hello Jon,

If you have links to the earlier discussions of the distinction between
"triadicities" and "trichotomies", I'd like to take a look.  In addition to
being interested in distinction you are making, I'd like to read more about
how you are thinking about the projection of the triadic relations onto the
mutually exclusive and exhaustive partitions of a domain.

In his monograph <Reading Peirce Reading>, Richard Smyth makes much of the
conceptions of the restrictions and limitations that apply to a given domain
of inquiry.  I'd like to see how your account of the partitions of the domain
compares to his reconstruction of some arguments Peirce develops in "How to
Make Our Ideas Clear."

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Downard Associate Professor Department of Philosophy NAU (o) 523-8354

--

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey
my word press blog: http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/