> On Apr 2, 2015, at 4:27 PM, Steven Ericsson-Zenith <ste...@iase.us> wrote:
>
> You maline Logical Positive here with a historical confusion. Carnap
> immediately pointed out to Popper, of course, falsifiable. Popper's complaint
> was a noisy no-op.

Sorry, something is missing here. Could you expand a bit?

I’m well aware of Carnap replying to Popper and Popper just being wrong.
(Popper to me is the most overrated figure of the 20th century) I don’t think I
was saying that at all. Rather I was giving some reasons why Popper was just
off. It really was Quine who I think makes things more complex for Carnap. But
of course the positivists have become the straw men of philosophy with people
at best conflating the early Neurath or Carnap with their mature thought.

They’re still wrong in my view, but wrong in much more subtle ways than is
usually presented. As I said I think they took the verification principle of
Peirce in incorrect directions - albeit opposite ones from which James did.