Jon S., list

For all I know Peirce may agree with you but I'm doubtful of the idea itself.

Perceptual judgments have general and qualitative elements, but have at least one foot firmly planted in the concrete haecceitous. They are such as "Socrates is standing outside the city" and "This stable contains no horses." Such judgments, perceptual recognitions of facts, a system of such judgments, seem more a starting point for idioscopic fields.

Peirce once said that a sensation differs from a feeling in that a sensation has a place and date. So far as I know, Peirce does not allow of a judgment, discernent or otherwise, by feeling, and I guess I'm straining in Peircean terms for such an idea.

Best, Ben