Very nice outline, Clark. I agree with the 'middle voice' where the the subject
is both the actor and receiver of the action. The interactive relations that
are thus set up via the mediative Representamen, between Object and
Interpretant, are basic to the Peircean semiosic triad.

I think this also relates to Frederik Stjernfelt's analysis of the dicisign,
which "in its interpretant, is represented as having two parts, one referring
to the object, and the other -the predicate " p 68 and "the Interpretant
represents a real existential relation, or genuine Secondness, as subsisting
between the Dicisign and the Dicisign's real object" (Peirce, CP 2.310). And '
"The Dicisign in so far as it is the related of the existential relation which
is the Secondary Object of the Dicisign*, can evidently not be the entire
Dicisign [my emphasis. It is at once a part of the Object and a part of the
Interpretant of the Dicisign" CP 2.311.
* Secondary Object = Immediate Object.....

And further..."The part which is represented to represent a part of the
Dicisign is represented as at once part of the Interpretant and part of the
Object" 2.311.

And this removes the linearity of actor-acted upon, since instead, we have a
complex interactive network where such simple unilinear direction can't be
assumed.

Edwina