  From: CLARK GOBLE
  To: PEIRCE-L
  Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] signs, correlates and triadic relations

    On Nov 26, 2015, at 7:44 AM, Edwina Taborsky <tabor...@primus.ca> wrote:

    Again, Peirce uses the term of 'sign' to refer to both the Representamen
and the full triadic set of relations. You have to be careful of the context to
figure out which one he is referring to.

  This is definitely true and can throw one off. I sometimes try to use the
term token rather than sign to refer to the sign-term to distinguish it from
the object and interpretant. Although that has its own difficulties. (It tends
to bias people toward visual signs)