John, List,

I just wrote to Jon A as below, reminding him that not all signs are
triadic, according to Peirce:

"Here is one quotation of Pierce cited in Charles Peirce's Guess at the
Riddle (K. Sheriff,
Indiana University Press, Bloomington, 1994):

"A sinsign may be index or icon.  As index it is 'a sign which would, at
once,              (122915-1)
lose the character which makes it a sign if its object were removed, but
would
not lose that character if there were no interpretant."

So it seems to me that (122915-1) establishes the concept of a *dyadic sign*
.

Therefore,

"Not all signs are triadic."
                                              (122915-2)"