Stephen, Clark, Gary, list:

You said:

"Can his texts be understood as giving authority to those written after he
favored pragmaticism?", and,

“But how should we think of pragmatism itself in consideration of security
and uberty?”

_______

To which you know what Jerry and Peirce will say:

“…this was the method which I adopted: I first assumed some principle which
I judged to be the strongest, and then I affirmed as true whatever seemed
to agree with this, whether relating to the cause or to anything else; and
that which disagreed I regarded as untrue. But I should like to explain my
meaning more clearly, as I do not think that you as yet understand me.”

*The surprising fact, C, is observed.*

*But if A were true, C would be a matter of course.*

*Hence, there is reason to suspect that A is true.*

Where:

C = reasons in uberty for the Father.  Because anyone in Musement or Nature
says…

A = reasons in security for the Son.  Because the Bible, Peirce or
Representamen says…

B = reasons in calculation for the Spirit.  Because everyone who
investigates says…

That is, if not this, *which*?

What other principle is there to adopt as a normative form by which to
interpret what Peirce is trying to say to us?

I think it is reasonable to assume that there are persons who would choose
not to adopt CP 5.189 because one doesn’t like Jerry more than one likes
what CP 5.189 can do for him in spite of Jerry.  It is what one prefers to
do.

Best,
Jerry Rhee