List, Jerry R.,:

I am curious about the origin of the quotes:

>  ‘almost every proposition of ontological metaphysics is meaningless
> gibberish’

> ‘made up of words that define each other with no conception being reached.’
> Or else, claimed Peirce,

> ‘the conception that is reached is absurd.’”

These are very powerful claims that separate the conceptualization of reality /
pragmaticism from vast domains of philosophy and theology.

Historically, this brings the relationships between the conceptualization of a
mathematical variable and physical claims about nature / natural catalogues of
categories into question.

So, what is the meaning of these assertions (if any?) in terms of modern day
science?

More specifically, my comment is a reflection on the use and abuse of the term
“ontology” in philosophy. In particular, it should be noted that the chemical
table of elements (TOE), the present day ur-source of scientific catalogues of
categories (ontologies) was a foundation for many aspects of CSP logical
development of signs / symbols. Although the modern day TOE has undergone
further developments in form and structure, the rational for it’s ontological
existence remains unchanged for over a century and is scientifically and
philosophically non-problematic. The TOE is firmly established as the
ontological origin of (non-prime) matter.  The extension of TOE by chemical
illations to compounds and biochemical “handedness” is standard textbook stuff.
The logical form of this extension is not a universal or recursive application
of a variable, but is, the reference subset of TOE members, a step-by-step
construction of emergent identities.

in other words, chemical “universals” do not exist in the sense of physical or
mathematical variables because each chemical element is indivisible. The name
of a legisign is an identity that associates quali-signs with indices and hence
with dicisigns and the illations that generate the legisign.  This tautology is
constructed without invoking the concept of prime matter.

In short, how are these CSP - induced conundrums resolved by physical
philosophy?  mathematical philosophy?

In particular, is that modern physics, with its focus on Kantian a priori and
mathematical variables of energy and mass, problematically lacks meta-physical
ground?   Is this one aspect of CSP’s adoption of the Hegelian view of
“chemism”?  (see, “Real Process” by John W. Burbidge, 1996) and with its
intrinsic reliance on the copulative logic of
" sin-sign <—> qualisign “   and “sin-sign <—> legisign”?

Thus, it appears to me that this thread goes far deeper than it first appears.
 The phrase

> ‘made up of words that define each other with no conception being reached.’

is a novel and deep critique of the tautological usage of physical units in a
philosophy of physics grounded in the  Kantian a priori of space and time.  In
my opinion, it also describes the abstract nature of mathematical set theory as
it manifests itself in Husserlian phenomenology.

Cheers

Jerry