List, Kirsti, Ben:

I am a bit puzzled by these responses, which appear strange to my way of
thinking.

By the standards of some, I am not a “Peircer”.

My aim is bio-medical reserch on specific quantitative issues; the writings of
CSP are studied in order to contribute to my understanding of the logics of the
(bio-medical) sciences. I attempt to place CSP’s doctrines in context.

Thus, I interpret CSP’s writings and terminology in terms of early 21 st
Century biological science / mathematics; while paying do heed to the status of
late 19 th Century status of language usage, science and mathematics.

First, my post was in reference to the December, 2015 posts of Franklin and
Frederik and the discussion thread at that point.  The meaning of the
CSP-coined term “dicisign” was the issue on my mind.  It was brought to my mind
by recent progress on the diagrammatic logic (I thank Frederik for his
inspection of this topic and especially for the introduction to the book by
Greaves, The Philosophical Status of Diagrams, which is an original and
intensive inquiry into CSP’s diagrammatic logic.)

Secondly, it is of critical importance to examine the precedence for CSP’s
usage of terms related to the count of the number “three”. From the Apple
Dictionary:
triad |ˈtrīˌad|
noun
1 a group or set of three connected people or things: the triad of medication,
diet, and exercise are necessary in diabetes care.
• a chord of three musical notes, consisting of a given note with the third and
fifth above it.
• a Welsh form of literary composition with an arrangement of subjects or
statements in groups of three.
2 (also Triad) a secret society originating in China, typically involved in
organized crime.
• a member of a triad.
DERIVATIVES
triadic |trīˈadik| adjectivetriad ( sense 1)
<x-dictionary:r:m_en_us1300231:com.apple.dictionary.NOAD#xpointer(//*[@id='DWS-020075'])>
ORIGIN
mid 16th century: from French triade, or via late Latin from Greek trias,
triad-, from treis  ‘three.’

Within this context, I was using the term “triad” in the sense of three terms
of CSP, two of his own creation.

In this context, in contrast to the usage by Frederik (as best as I recall), I
was using the three terms to acknowledge the modal sequence of inferences. That
is, CSP in his diagram of the eight terms that infer the ninth term, “argument”
includes these three terms as a linear sequence of inferences. I view the eight
terms as necessary (in CSP’s mindset) to construct an an argument consistent
with his analysis of natural sorts and kinds (sinsigns).

My post merely recommended a book by a philosopher on the topic of mereology,
the study of part - whole illations. CSP is not mentioned in the book in either
the author index or the term index.

If one seeks to translate the In CSP meta-speak, a natural kind (sinsign) is
composed of parts which can be indexed and these parts can then be composed
into sentences (dicisigns) that are then composed into arguments which are
either true, false or indetermine. (For an alternative (physical) worldview, R.
Carnap’s book, The Logical Structure of the World” (1930s).  The sentence, "The
union of units unifies the unity” is an abstract statement about collections of
‘sinsigns” that can be decomposed into “indexes" and unified by an argument to
generate “legisigns."

I hope this clarifies my usage and places the reference to the 2015 posts in
context of triadicity in the 21 st Century.

I believe that CSP’s logic goes deep into sublative structures of natural sorts
and kinds. Unfortunately, the depth of CSP’s scientific logic is seldom
recognized.

Cheers

Jerry