List, Helmut, John:

Helmut: You bring in the nature of a musical composer into the semantic
tensions between the domains of discourse called  "Nominal : Realism”.

This is most appropriate.
Because this moves the conversation into the move general puzzle about how
various symbol systems interrelate to one another in the minds of competent
users of symbol systems.
This puzzle grows in perplexity within the minds of individuals who gain
competency in additional symbol systems.
CSP exhibited multiple symbolic competencies and often interlaced them is
highly entangled ways. Often, the reader is left with a mystery in the meaning
of the text.  I believe, of course, chemical icons often grounded CSP usage of
symbolic logics - as in his propositional relations between icons and rhema.

Music and chemistry are closely related when viewed from the perspective of
acting as a composer.  The compositional act is to arrange, from a small but
constant set of symbols, a new patterns of symbols that give a form to the
reality of music or matter.

 In both cases the symbols express existential quantifiers.
The arrangement of existential quantifiers creates a quantified existential
object which can be re-constructed by anyone with the necessary competency, but
these competencies are not reciprocal.

I give this example to clearly and crisply identity a missing element from CSP
thought, a critical philosophical element that I feel many CSP students tend to
overlook. Namely, that, in the 21 st Century, competencies in multiple symbol
systems are critical scientific communication.

  The cognitive coherence of thought is a function of the number of symbolic
systems incorporated into the image. Reciprocally, the modern individual must
consider multiple meanings of symbols when attempting to interpret the what,
where, how and why of the meanings of CSP texts.  To me, this illustrates the
true genesis of his writings.

A recent paper by Joseph E. Earley, is vaguely related to this perspective as
it seeks to argue for the political necessity for the of emergence of a
’science for survival’. Professor Earley is a longtime student of CSP’s
writings. It is a stimulating read. The paper can be downloaded from
ResearchGate See Below. A New ‘Idea of Nature’ for Chemical Education
Cheers

jerry

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257662232_A_New_%27Idea_of_Nature%27_for_Chemical_Education
A New ‘Idea of Nature’ for Chemical Education

Abstract

“The idea of nature” (general model of how things work) that is accepted in a
society strongly influences that group’s social and technological progress.
Currently, science education concentrates on analysis of stable pre-existing
items to minimum constituents. This emphasis is consistent with an outlook that
has been widely accepted since the late Renaissance—that characteristics of
individuals depend exclusively on the properties of their microscopic
components. Much of 19th and 20th century science seems compatible with that
now-traditional outlook. But major parts of contemporary science (and
fundamental technological problems) deal with open-system dynamic coherences
that display novel and important characteristics. These important entities are
not adequately treated by the presently-dominant idea of nature. In contrast,
the notion of how the world works that contemporary science and current
technological practice generate emphasizes synthesis and self-organization of
far-from-equilibrium “dissipative structures.” Arguably, eventual success in
meeting the severe technological and social challenges occasioned by increasing
world population will require general diffusion and appreciation of that newer
overall outlook. Chemistry educators have been important in developing and
disseminating the earlier worldview—they can and should provide leadership for
widespread adoption of the alternative idea of nature.