}JAS, list

        And Peirce referred to cognition, to Thirdness, as an action.
Synthetic consciousness, mediation, is not a passive consciousness
[which is 1ns] but is active. 1.377/8

        That is, semiosis as a process does not confine action to dyadic
act-react kinesis between two existential things. Thirdness is in my
understanding of Peirce a dynamic process, which is to say, an
action. As such, it mediates, it synthesizes, it generalizes. These
are all actions - powerful actions.

        "Not only will meaning always, more or less, in the long run mould
reactions to itself, but it is only in doing so that its own being
cosists. For this reason I call this element of the phenomenon or
object of thought the element of Thirdness. It is that which is what
it is by virtue of imparting a quality to reactions in the future"
1.343.

        "The third is that which is what it is owing to things between which
it mediates and which it brings into relation to each other" 1.356

        This action, of bringing things into mutual relationships is a
frequent description by Peirce, of Thirdness.

        Now - to me, such is an action... A plural interaction mediating and
generating the commonalities among separate things

        I am not sure if we should continue this discussion, since we both
hold to different views and are probably boring the list.

        Edwina
 On Thu 09/08/18  3:18 PM , Jon Alan Schmidt jonalanschm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, List:
 ET:  I think that JAS uses the term 'interact' to refer only to an
action between two actualities, two existent 'things'.
 Yes, and why is that?  Because Peirce used the term "interact," as
well as "act" and "react," to refer only to an action between two
actualities, two existent "Things";  especially when he was being
careful to differentiate the three Categories or Universes.  Again,
that has been my only point throughout this particular exchange.
 Regards,
 Jon S.