In my view, without action, this conversation goes the way of most recent
conversations. The same people debating the same question -- what did
Peirce mean? With a healthy dose of their own sense of same. Fine if this
is what this list is about. I posed a simple question and it was ignored.
All it asked was to relate this to ordinary situations, something Peirce
does at times. We are talking about someone who hoped to have some
influence comparable to that of Aristotle. Because of Aristotle we have a
binary virtues based ethic that has enabled a just war theory to help put
the world in extreme danger. We cannot have a conversation about how Peirce
might have found a way into a triadic era because the only subject in the
only forum I am aware of that deals with Peirce is mired in the social
matrix of whatever it is -- I am at a loss for words. I find the
unwillingness to deal with the real world, with applying pragmaticist
principles to things, with using triads as practical bases for arriving at
solutions, to be nearly a betrayal. I have hope that others may come here
and see things a bit more openly. This is like being in an addiction den
where the drug is exegetical one-up-man-ship. Place this note in the 2
position.

amazon.com/author/stephenrose