Stephen R., List:

According to Peirce, ethics *cannot *precede esthetics (note his preferred
spelling), because in order to determine which ends of action we *ought *to
pursue, we must first determine what is admirable *in itself*--and that is
precisely the domain of esthetics.  As *normative *sciences,
esthetics/ethics/logic correspond to 1ns/2ns/3ns since they are concerned
with identifying and cultivating good habits of feeling/action/thought.