Auke, List:

I did not say that doubt is a habit, I said that a belief is a habit (of
conduct), such that "the resolution of doubt into belief" is a habit-change.

Since I deny that a quality *in itself* can be a sign of anything other
than itself--which is trivial, since everything is a sign of itself--I also
deny that there can be "collections of qualisigns."  As I said before, I
instead hold that there are *tones *embodied in tokens--"indefinite
significant character[s] such as a tone of voice" (CP 4.537, 1906)--which
influence the dynamical interpretants that those tokens determine.

I am again having trouble making sense of the rest of the post below.  I
will only point out that phaneroscopy is not "in between" logic and
semeiotic in Peirce's architectonic, unless "logic" here refers to strictly
formal/mathematical logic and not the normative science of logic (CP 4.240,
1902); the latter, of course, *is* semeiotic (CP 1.191, 1903).  In
phaneroscopy we discern three irreducible elements in all phenomena, but
only mediation (3ns) is associated with signs.  Qualities (1ns) and
reactions (2ns) are also present to the mind, but not *as signs*.  Instead,
we employ signs to *think about* them subsequent to perceiving them, and
this "cognitive resultant of our past lives" constitutes our
accumulated *experience
*(CP 2.84, 1902).