> JAS: For example, my speculative grammar does not include qualisigns at all,
> for the reason that I already stated--a quality in itself cannot represent
> something else as its object, it can only present itself.

The sign of an object is represented by qualisigns as metrics of existence.
These are grammatical predicates by the following logical assertion:

The sin-sign has the qualisigns of x1, x2, x3,…as properties or attributes as
determined by metrics or immediate sensory experiences.

The assertion: "The index of the sin-sign (subject of a proposition) asserts
the metrics of the descriptive attributes of the sin-sign” if the arguments are
founded on the bedrock of CSP writings, ie, the chemical sciences.

The assertion: "The grammar of an argument connects the syntax of the indices
with the sin-sign and its predicates with a necessary copula” is necessary to
relate atoms to molecules.

I suggest that CSP was consistent in his deployment of the triadic grammatical
relatives (subject, copula, predicate).

Can these notions be embedded into your careful scientific readings of CSP
texts?

Obviously, these mappings are remote from the compositional mathematics
associated with a particular modern geometric form of category theory.

But, please note that CSP was expert on the simple metrics of matter as “Sums”
and “Products” necessary for the spontaneity of relations among relatives, such
as 2 H2 + O2  —<  2 H2O.

And, also please note, that modern geometric forms of category theory depends
on structural mathematical developments grounded in Principia Mathmetica.
Obviously, CSP’s work was decades before these structural mathematical
developments.  CSP used chemical category theories to assert his syntax through
indices and the copula necessary to generate the dicisign, did he not?

Cheers

Jerry