Jon,

You wrote:

It is not just the method of analysis that is different for each science within
Peirce's classification, but also the object of study. Phaneroscopy examines
whatever is or could be present to the mind. Semeiotic studies only signs and
semiosis.

--

The dynamical object of science is reality. The branches of the sciences
deliver immediate objects of that dynamical object. If you were right, the

Best,

Auke