Jon, Gary, List

Nearly. I thought, primi-, alter-, and medisense apply to consciousness, not only to its phenomenon. Consciousness being the hardware so to say for phenomena (primisense), their reactions with e.g. memories (altersense), and reflection thereabout (medisense). So e.g. the phenomenon of consciousness is a reappearance of medisense´s reflection, re-phenomenized, in the primisense. The three have-been-different kinds of phenomena (in the primisense) are all 1ns, but have a different categorial history, so they need three names. Maybe qualisense, molition, habit-consciousness? molition I donot understand. When I translate it to french and then to german and then back to english, I get mutilation. A bit harsh. And reflection is not exactly the same as habit.

Best
Helmut

21. Juni 2021 um 22:24 Uhr
 "Jon Alan Schmidt" <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Helmut, Gary R., List:

I understand primisense/altersense/medisense (c. 1896) or qualisense/molition/habit-consciousness (1909) to be the 1ns/2ns/3ns of consciousness, not the 1ns/2ns/3ns of 1ns. As such, they result from the application of Peirce's three categories to the phenomenon of consciousness itself. Does that clarify the matter?

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian