> On Jan 11, 2024, at 11:28 AM, Edwina Taborsky <edwina.tabor...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> But  you already know this

Edwinia:

If I understood the meaning of the “triadic relations”, I would not waste my
time attempting to frame precise questions and intensely analyzing the
grammatical structures of your and other responses.

Mathematical reasoning is grounded in set theory - the relation between ordered
pairs.

The classical  logic of mathematical reasoning (symbolized by five signs -
negation, conjunction, disjunction, material conditional, and bi-conditional.

These signs are often interpreted in terms of the Aristotelian syllogisms.
Which in turn, are related to sentences and sentence grammars.  For a
discussion of Peircian “tokens and types” from a categorical perspective, see
the recent text by Ursula Skadowski, Logic - Language - Ontology. 2022.

Or, asserted in similar terms, is the meaning of a triadic relation constrained
to multi-valued logics?

My interpretation of the posts by the John / Jon / Robert posts is that the
classical logic for deduction preserves the truths of propositions of molecular
sentences.  (Note, it was not necessary to invoke either Robert Rosen’s
writings on the philosophy of science or thermodynamics or entropy or dogmas
or….  Just seeking a scientifically useful meaning for my research.

Cheers
Jerry