* David Landgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-27 17:45]:
> PLEASE TRIM FOLLOW-UPS TO PERL-QA ONLY.

How on Earth is this topical on perl-qa? I’m replying to perl-qa
despite Michael’s request because that’s where the thread now is,
but sensible this ain’t.

> The author of this module has received a cease-and-desist
> letter from the owner of the web site, since the module is in
> violation of the Terms of Use.

Does the module violate their ToS or its use? In all possible
case?

> All publicly accessible BackPAN mirrors must pull this
> distribution manually, given that rsync-without-delete
> won't do it for you.

Why? Assuming the answer to first question is that the module
itself violates the ToS, do all publicly accessible BackPAN
mirrors reside on jurisdictions where the ToS is valid and the
legal repercussions of its violation applicable?

> I don't know of any better way of reaching potential backpan
> admins, if anyone has a good suggestion I'm all ears.

Maybe you should have done that *before* spamming unrelated
lists?

The sky is not falling. Slow down and gather your wits. If the
site owners’ demand is in fact legitimate, this should be handled
through applicable venues and procedures. Breathless panic and
suspension of due diligence is inappropriate.

* Dominique Quatravaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-27 18:00]:
> http://kilimandjaro.dyndns.org/~dom/FuturesQuote-0.01.pm
>
> Come on now. I have no idea whether that thing is any good,
> but these scare tactics from The Man are just silly.

* Jonathan Rockway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-27 18:10]:
> I recommend we delete the AUTHOR information and distribute
> this module on thepiratebay. I will definitely seed the
> torrent.

Gee, you’re some rebels. Haven’t you people grown out of puberty
yet?

Regards,