On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 09:25 -0800, chromatic wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 08:53:52 Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>
> > What legal precedent is there here?  Violating the ToS is the
> > responsibility of the user of the module, not people distributing
the
> > module.
>
> Would you also distribute a module which effectively performed a DoS
against
> search.cpan.org and *.perl.org?

Please delete Firefox from the Internet, since users can click "reload"
repeatedly and DoS a slow site.

This module is just a web browser.  Users are responsible for the
actions of users, not the author of software that the user happens to
use.

BTW, I created:

 http://programming.reddit.com/info/61jsd/comments/

For general (snarky) discussion.  This issue doesn't really concern
perl-qa, since it's just going to be a big flamefest.  Infecting
technical mailing lists with flames and legal wanking isn't helpful to
the community.  My apologies for the messages so far, but this sort of
thing makes my blood boil :)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway