Chris Dolan wrote:

> Does anyone know how the false negative rates compare for cpan-tester
> smokers vs. CPAN::Reporter users?  I've found the former to be
> enormously valuable for cross-platform testing (especially David
> Cantrell and Slaven Rezic), but I have seen very little feedback via the
> latter at all.

<blush>

but I'm using CPAN::Reporter, so I know you've got some feedback from
that :-)  FWIW, I err on the side of assuming everything's OK instead of
sending failure reports.

I consider a positive result to be when there's a problem with a
distribution and I send a FAIL report.  My false positive rate is *very*
low.  Probably so low as to be no reliably measurable.  My false
negative rate (ie a PASS or UNKNOWN or no report sent when there's a
failure) is probably not that great, but I'm sure it would at least be
measurable - perhaps of the order of 5% or so.

    "There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza."
    "WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THERE IS A HOLE IN YOUR BUCKET?"