> Ok, I'm not super familiar with threads so bear with me, and smack me upside
> the head when need be.  But if we want threads written in Perl6 to be able

> to take advantage of mulitple processors, won't we inherently have to make
> perl6 multithreaded itself (and thus multiple instances of the interpreter)?

Being multithreaded is not difficult, impossible, or bad as such.
It's the make-believe that we can make all data automagically both
shared and safe that is folly.  Data sharing (also known as code
synchronization) should be explicit; explicitly controlled by the
programmer.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen