--- Michael Lazzaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I don't know about anyone else, but *I'm* planning on making
> many, many Unicode synonyms, to make my code shorter and more readable.
>
> For example, C<for> is too long, so I want to just make it curly-f,
> (Æ’).  And C<when> is even longer, so I'm going to use something else,
> probably lowercase omega (ω).
>
> The numbers-in-a-circle characters can be used for array options.
> Instead of @array[3], I'll be saying @arrayâz<caron>Œ.  And @arrayâ‘¢ will
mean
> "every element of the array except for the third."
>
> I'm still looking for the Unicode sad-faced-clown-on-fire character.
> When I find it, I think I'm gonna make it mean C<shift>.  Well, that or
> C<unshift>, I can't decide.  It depends on how sad the clown looks.
>
> MikeL

I think this is a great idea. Until now, it's been possible to read other
people's code, so companies can fire a programmer and still have people who
can read their code. Now employees will be able to be as bad as they want and
nobody will be able to fire them. Job security through Unicode!

(Yes, that was sarcasm.)