--- "Mr. Nobody" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Austin Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[... Massive elision ...]

> > Right now almost all of us are in that boat. And we're talking
> about
> > trigraph ops, like ~> and <~ and |~> and [+=] and whatever. As we
> get
> > better, more Unicapable, whatever, we'll move on to full Unicode
> ops.
> >

> trigraphs are actually better, even if you are unicode capable. ~> is
> far
> easier to type than ctrl-u-15F9E2A01 or whatever it is.

Likewise, it wasn't possible until recently to EASILY type an accented
vowel, or an n-tilde, from a US keyboard. Now, however, there's an IME
that converts APOS + a into á (accented small a).

Likewise, someone could write a Perl IME that converted TILDE+GREATER
into Unicode-wiggly-right-arrow.

And then it would be trivial, and you'd wonder what the fuss was about
back in K2 ...

=Austin