At 11:52 AM +0000 1/2/04, Harry Jackson wrote:
Dan Sugalski wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pbin]$ gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.2 2.96-108.1)

Yeah, that was the one, unfortunately. Try disabling the JIT during configuration and seeing if that takes care of the problem. If so, we'll need to update configure to do that automatically, since I think we're going to end up running into this for years. :(

No Joy. I will upgrade gcc and see what happens.

Let us know either way -- if upgrading gcc works then we're going to have to figure out how RH/GCC2.96 is breaking things so we can make it not happen. :(
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk