Dan Sugalski wrote:
Let us know either way -- if upgrading gcc works then we're going to have to figure out how RH/GCC2.96 is breaking things so we can make it not happen. :(

I have now upgraded gcc to 3.3.2 and I am getting the same error. We are still freezing during test.

I have also noticed something that might be my crap "imc" or related to the problem

Can someone tell me if there is an error in the code below. When I run it repeatedly from the command line it sometimes freezes ie it prints the contents of the array and then just stops and I need to do a CTRL-C to get back to the command line.

.pcc_sub _MAIN prototyped
    .param pmc argv
    .local PerlArray a
    a = new PerlArray
    .local PerlString s
    s = new PerlString

    a =  10
    a[0] = "Zero"
    a[1] = "One"
    a[2] = "Two"
    a[3] = "Three"
    a[4] = "Four"
    a[5] = "Five"
    a[6] = "Six"
    a[7] = "Seven"
    a[8] = "Eight"

    s =  a[2]
    print "\n"
    print s
    print "\n"
    end
.end

I have also tried the above code using the "set" syntax and I get the same problem.

Are there any recommended examples of IMC in the source tree and which docs are the most recent. I have noticed that there are a lot of different ways of doing things (typical perl). I am trying to pick it up from the FAQ, some examples and the docs but its an uphill struggle. For instance I have noticed that

set a[0], "one"

or

a[0] = "one"

appear to do the same thing. I cannot confirm that they do due to the bug above.

I have got to the point where I am trying to put rows from Postgres into arrays and this is slowing me down a bit.

Harry