Suppose I could make a few changes to Pod-Simple, then our problem would be solved.

But, being serious, say I'd decided to use Template-Toolkit, it would never have occurred to me to shove all of that in CVS. It always surprised me a that ICU was there, rather than just what was needed to get it to work.

So, it seems just to be a question of adding a prerequisites phase to the config. I would propose that we leave Pod-Simple in CVS until I have time to implement that, then we can delete it (promise).

Mike